15th June 2017
Shimadzu Asia Pacific's experience of [Peak Protected]
Senior Application Chemist at Shimadzu (Asia Pacific) PTE Ltd, Ting Zhi Wei Edwin, uses Peak Scientific gas generators to support his LC-MS instruments. Find out his experience with Peak's generators and how his lab has benefited from being [Peak Protected]
Name: Ting Zhi Wei Edwin
Job Title: Senior Application Chemist
Company: Shimadzu (Asia Pacific) PTE LTD
Peak Scientific has installed hundreds of gas generators around the globe supporting Shimadzu LC-MS, GC, Headspace Autosampler and TOC instruments.
Senior Application Chemist, Ting Zhi Wei Edwin, explains below why he has chosen a number of Peak Scientific gas generators to supply the instruments in his laboratory and his experience with Peak's market leading gas generator service, [Peak Protected].
1. Typically, what is the focus of your analysis – what sort of applications?
Our analysis is focused on a variety of applications within markets including clinical, food, environmental and many more
2. What Peak Scientific generators do you have in your laboratory and what instruments do they supply?
We have Genius 3020, 1051, 1050 and NM32LA nitrogen gas generators supplying our LCMS-IT-TOF and triple-quadrupole mass spectrometer LCMS-8060, LCMS-8050, LCMS-8045 and LCMS-8040.
3. What has been the key benefit of deploying Peak generators as opposed to your previous gas supply solution?
The service and support given from Peak is the main benefit for us.
4. After purchasing your gas generator, how do you rate the level of service and communication you received from our [Peak Protected] service team when setting up your service plan?
5. What made you invest in a [Peak Protected] service plan and what value has it brought to your lab?
We chose the Peak Protected service plan because of the after-service support and value for money. With the service plan, the down time of generators is signifcantly reduced, we do not have to worry about labor costs and part costs as it is all included and the repair of the generator can even happen on the same day.
6. Have you ever experienced a technical fault and had to have a visit from a Peak Field Service Engineer? If yes, what was the reason and please describe your experience of this service.
Yes, just recently two of our Genius 1051 generators were experiencing an issue. The repairs (including troubleshooting and parts refitting/changes) were done on the same day within 3 hours of when we had first alerted Peak of the issue.
7. How was your overall experience with the Peak Scientific service team in regards to planning and implementing the preventative maintenance check-up for your generator?
It was great, the preventative maintenance helps to reduce the down time of the gas generators and the preventative maintenance process is fast.
8. Would you recommend a Peak Scientific generator to other labs? If so, what would be your main reason for the recommendation?
Yes, the service and support provided is excellent, and the response time is fast, usually the repairs are the same day.
Ting Zhi Wei Edwin has highlighted the [Peak Protected] Service plan as his main reason for choosing Peak gas generators and he has noted how quickly any generator down-time has been resolved under the plan, mostly within the same day. With the [Peak Protected] plan Ting Zhi has peace of mind and confidence that any generator down time he has will be minimal and swiftly resolved.
With a guaranteed rapid response time, around the clock technical support, local Field Service Engineers on-site and flexible payment terms you can rest assured you are in good hands with Peak.
Found this article useful? You may also want to read the articles below:
National University of Singapore User Story