Advantages of a PSA nitrogen generator
Pressure Swing Adsorption (PSA) nitrogen generators are capable of producing high purity nitrogen gas from a single simple commodity, air. This purity can also be acquired through cryogenic systems, however, these are considerably more complex and expensive so can only be justified where consumption is extremely high.
Peak utilizes PSA technology, using Carbon Molecular Sieve (CMS) in many of its nitrogen generators to produce a continuous supply of high purity nitrogen. These are available either with or without internal compressors. Below are just some of the benefits a facility would reap by removing gas cylinders from its daily operations.
Genius 1050 PSA nitrogen generator
- No more loss of gas supply during analysis as nitrogen can be delivered on-demand.
- No need to manage gas stock inventory or reorder bulk supply.
Consistency & reliability
- Gas supply is constant and is delivered at a stable purity, so no risks of pipeline contamination that could hamper analysis results & workflow productivity.
Low operating costs
- Substituting out-of-date air separation plants can lead to nitrogen production savings in excess of 50%.
- The net cost of on-site nitrogen generation is significantly less than the costs of bottled or liquefied nitrogen bulk supply purchase.
Nitrogen generators are less damaging to the environment
- On-site nitrogen generation is a sustainable and energy efficient approach to providing pure, clean, dry nitrogen gas. Compared to the energy required by cryogenic air separation plants, as well as transporting liquid nitrogen from the plant to a facility, nitrogen generators consume far less energy and lead to a significant reduction in carbon footprint.
Related Post: Read about how Pressure Swing Adsorption works here.
Pressure Swing Adsorption