Jobs - Field Service Engineer - Thailand
Peak Scientific Instruments, is looking to recruit an experienced Field Service Engineer.
Region: South East Asia
Job Type: Full Time
THE COMPANY: Peak Scientific Instruments, a fast–growing company specialising in the manufacture of laboratory gas generators for the life science and biomedical market is looking to recruit an experienced Field Service Engineer.
We have gained an outstanding reputation in the market place, having recently won our 4th Queen’s award for industry. Our current turnover is £34M with plans to grow significantly over the next few years. 90% of our products are exported to over 126 countries and we have a number of global offices including USA, China, South Africa, India, Brazil, Singapore, Mexico and Australia.
Reporting to the Service Manager - SEA, this new role will be based in Bangkok, nationwide and overseas travel will be required from time to time.
Main Job functions:
- Carry out routine maintenance, emergency repairs, installations and operation training as well as general support in a professional, prompt and efficient manner to ensure total customer satisfaction
- Work with the sales team to develop both sales and service business in the territory
- Provide customers and head office with a clear and accurate service report for all work carried out
- Maintain and replenish personal van stock of parts and carry out inventory checks as requested
- Ensure an effective liaison with other Peak departments (sales, marketing, logistics, engineering and production) to ensure a high level of communication and co-operation for all aspects of customer and product support
- Respond effectively and professionally to all customer requests for service and support (telephone and e-mail)
- Inform Service Manager of all serious customer complaints and escalations
- Provide a high level of service and technical advice for Peak Scientific customers, OEM’s, distributors and internal staff
- Experience of maintaining pressure systems and transportable gases in a similar or related industry would be an advantage
- Some knowledge of electronics, hydraulic and mechanical systems
- Self-motivation, self-disciplined and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Good practical skills and a methodical approach to resolving problems
- Abilty to work independently, under pressure against tight deadlines
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good understanding of Health and Safety
- Language skills – Fluent English
- Full, clean driving licence
- Willingness to travel on short notice
The company is offering a competitive package and opportunities to develop within an expanding international company. Overseas training opportunities in Scotland will be provided for the successful candidate. To apply please send your CV stating your salary expectations to Leanne Gordon at; firstname.lastname@example.org.