Double success for Peak with Royal accolade
Peak Scientific, market leader in the production and ongoing support of on-site laboratory gas generators, has been awarded, for an unprecedented fifth time, a Queen's Award for Enterprise.
The Queen's Awards for Enterprise are announced every year on the Queen's birthday (21st of April) and are bestowed only to organisations who meet a certain criteria. Peak has now won, including two this year, a total of six Queen's Awards, five for International Trade and one for Innovation.
To be recognised with an International Trade award Peak Scientific had to meet the following criteria, as described on the UK government's website:
- be based in the UK (including the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man) and file its Company Tax Returns with HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC)
- be a self-contained enterprise that markets its own products or services and is under its own management
- have at least 2 full-time UK employees or part-time equivalents
- demonstrate strong social corporate responsibility
Each of the award categories has additional entry criteria, for International Trade, Peak also had to display the following characteristics:
- have made a minimum of £100,000 in overseas sales in the first year of your entry and show year-on-year growth
- show that your organisation has achieved outstanding growth in overseas earnings relative to your business size and sector
- show steep year-on-year growth (without dips) in overseas sales over 3 years - or substantial year-on-year growth (without dips) over 6 years
For the Innovation award Peak had to meet the following criteria:
- have an innovation that has not been done before
- have had your innovation available on the market for at least 2 years
- have recovered all the investments made in your innovation
- show outstanding commercial success as a result of innovation over 2 years - or continuous commercial success over 5 years
The innovation had to be in one of the following categories:
- invention, design or production of goods
- performance of services
- marketing and distribution
- after-sale support of goods or services
To read about all of this year's winners, visit the UK government website by clicking here.